The Introduction to Gemology course has been specifically designed as a foundation study of gemology for those just starting their careers in gemstones. This foundation course includes information that is taken directly from the ISG Registered Gemologist Appraiser program and more. It is designed for those without gemology experience to get a foundation knowledge in gemology to serve their future learning needs.
This program consists of a 9 lesson course in gem and mineral formation, how gemstones are mined, how gemstone crystals grow, basics of gem identification, a review of over 67 of the most often seen gemstones and a full section on Careers in Gemology.
Here is an overview of the course program:
- Lesson One: How Gemstones Form
- Lesson Two: Gems from Igneous Rocks
- Lesson Three: Gems from Metamorphic Rocks
- Lesson Four: Gems from Sedimentary Rocks
- Lesson Five: The 7 Crystal Systems
- Lesson Six: Review of Gemstones A – L:
- Lesson Seven: Review of Gemstones M – Z
- Lesson Eight: Gem Identification including videos demonstrating optical properties, how to use the gem equipment and gemstone phenomena.
- Lesson Nine: Careers in Gemology
This course includes over 200 photographs to help you begin your study of gemology. Great for anyone interested in gems and minerals and the study of gemology but not yet ready to take a full program study in gemology.
Certificate of Completion: You will print your own certificate upon completion of this course.
How to Begin:
- When you pay for this course using a credit card use our new STRIPE Credit Card Payment Gateway.
- SSL Secure Payments can be made through STRIPE.
- Click on the BUY NOW button on the upper right side of this page.
- The payment gateway will take you to the Stripe payment system icon.
- Once you receive payment confirmation you will be brought back to your course to begin or to the Gemology.pro website. Either way, go to the course home page to begin. You can also access the course page through your Profile Page available at your user name in the top right corner of the home page.
- Once you have returned to the course home page click the Start the Course button to begin.
- Once your complete your course, go to the Certificates and Badges of your Profile by clicking on your Username in the upper right corner of the website.
- Once complete you will go to your Profile by clicking your Username at the top right of the page, and go to the Certificates and Badges section to print your Certificate of Completion.